Pioneer Unveils First Club Sound Systems
Earlier this month, Pioneer, a company most widely known and respected for their lines of CD-Js and mixers, released their first lines of club sound systems and they are something to behold.
Founded in 1938 as a speaker manufacturer, Pioneer has made it their mission to bring high quality audio devices to professionals and consumers alike. Their first CD-J hit the market in 1992, and their first mixer in 1996. They were even chosen by George Lucas’s Skywalker Sound to develop the definitive cinema speaker for their post-production, recording, and music scoring facilities in 2000.
This foray into club sound is not a solo journey, Pioneer teamed up with Gary Stewart Audio (GSA) and Powersoft. GSA has systems in place all over the world including Zouk in Singapore and Club Vertigo in Costa Rica, and Powersoft is well-recognized for their amplifiers. With the three in one place, some serious sound with some serious backbone is sure to be had.
Pioneer’s flagship speaker series includes two series of passive speakers, the GS-WAVE and XY series. The GS-WAVE series (pictured above) are dance floor stacks, designed for clarity and precision across the frequency range. Their quirky, retro exterior promise to deliver a deep, warm sound. The XY series (pictured here) are designed to be used a DJ booth monitors or PA systems in smaller rooms with a wide variety of rigging options for install. You can read more specifics on the lines here.
Since we didn’t make it over to Ibiza this season, we haven’t yet gotten to hear the systems for ourselves. However, we predict they will make a name for themselves amongst big-time brands like Funktion One and JBL. The XY series could hold its own next to the popular QSC or Mackie rigs.
Key Features of the Pioneer Professional Audio Flagship Club Sound System:
GS-WAVE series featuring GSA technology
The ultimate club system, the three-meter tall GS-WAVE floor stack delivers a warm, solid sound you can feel. Features:
- A multi-fold hyperbolic horn subwoofer with large horn extension for a deep subsonic bass
- Two high-power low to mid range speakers for a tight, punchy kick
- Acoustic lens with a 110-degree dispersion and crystal clear high frequency sound
- Wide frequency response
- Transmission line design for maximum efficiency
XY series of in-fill speakers
Designed for use as monitors or in bars and lounges, the high power XY series in-fill range features:
- DJ booth monitor speakers available in 12-inch or 8-inch versions, rotatable horn with wide dispersion of 90 x 60 degrees, and extremely high quality internal passive crossover with separate cooling zones
- A dual 15-inch quasi-bandpass subwoofer and a reflex-loaded 18-inch subwoofer with ceramic driver delivering impressive frequency response
- Robust enclosure made from premium multi-laminate birch plywood
- Multiple installation options, with brackets, pole mounts, top hats, flying cradle and other accessories for quick set-up
Powersoft K-series amplifiers for optimum performance
Chosen for their high-performance and compact build, the amps feature:
- In-built, networked DSP enabling sound processing to be controlled remotely
- Industry-leading energy efficiency, high power output
- Pre-set data for optimum speaker performance and protection
Tell us about your favorite sound system in the comments below!